Our Professional Cleanings Focus On A Healthy Mouth and Life
It is absolutely vital to prevent mouth bacteria from dangerous build up on your teeth, and one of the very best ways to do this is receiving regular (twice yearly) teeth cleaning and polishing in our office.
While the plaque that forms on our teeth can usually be cleaned off with a good toothbrush, as it is soft and sticky, tartar, which is hardened plaque at the surface of the tooth, cannot be! It forms both below and above the gum line and can only be removed with dental instruments.
- The professional dental cleanings that we offer are a preventative measure that can destroy harmful mouth bacteria before it becomes plaque or tartar.
- With our professional teeth cleanings, our patients can be totally assured that we are taking proactive and important measures to prevent not only tooth decay and gum disease, but also more serious health problems.
- Those more serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease are also directly linked to the mouth bacteria mentioned above, that causes gum disease.
In order to make the surface of your teeth smooth, our hygienists will also polish your teeth after we professionally clean them in our office, because the smoother the enamel surface of your teeth, the more difficult it is for plaque and tartar to build up on them.
In this cleaning process, we use a small, motorized rubber cup with a polishing paste that has an abrasive quality to it, and in some severe cases of stubborn stains, we will also employ a baking soda formula and a special air polisher.
- Depending on the degree of infection build-up a patient has experienced, and the type of oral hygiene program they use at home, we may also suggest a deeper cleaning that involves root planing and scaling.
- As a patient, your mouth will become more healthy and cleaner than you ever thought possible, when we combine these two services.
As you probably have gathered by this information, your dental health is extremely important to your overall health. Poor dental hygiene can lead to serious dental problems such as gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease, as well as overall health problems such as heart disease.
We trust this has convinced you to give us a call for a consultation appointment and schedule a professional dental cleaning in our office.